B.Sc in Hospitality & Hotel Administration
The Bachelor of Science programme in Hospitality and Hotel Administration is offered jointly by the National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology and Indira Gandhi National Open University. The Three-Year programme equips students with all the required skills, knowledge and attitude to efficiently discharge supervisory responsibilities in the Hospitality sector. The programme also involves in-depth laboratory work for students to acquire required knowledge and skill standards in the operational areas of Food Production, Food and Beverage Service, Front Office Operation and House Keeping. The programme imparts substantial management inputs in areas of Sales and Marketing, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Property Management, Entrepreneurship Development, Computers with special focus on Tourism Studies.
Duration:-3 Years (Regular) – 6 Semesters
Eligibility:-Students who have passed 10+2 with English (as main or elective or functional subject) from any recognized board are eligible.
The confirmation of admission is subject to verification of original certificates/documents at the time of admission.
Age Limit: The upper age limit for candidates belonging to General/OBC category is 25 years and for candidates belonging to SC category the upper limit is 28 years.
There are many exciting jobs opportunities for hotel management graduates with the increasing competition in the hotel industry. Since a hotel has many departments such as Operations, Front Office, Food and Beverages, Accounting, Sales and Marketing, Engineering/ Maintenance, Security etc. one can opt for a field of their liking and pursue a career and successfully grow in it.
Apart from jobs in Hotels and restaurants, hotel management diploma holders /graduates can find good jobs in:
- Airline Catering (flight kitchen) and Cabin Services
- Club management
- Cruise Ship Hotel Management
- Hospital administration and catering
- Hotel and Tourism Associations (for e.g. : state tourism development corporations)
- Hospitality services in the Indian Navy
- Hospitality services in various MNCs
- Forest Lodges
- Guest Houses, resorts
- Kitchen Management (in hotels or running canteens in college, schools, in factories, company guest houses etc.)
- Catering departments of railways, banks, armed forces, shipping companies etc.
- Hotel and catering institutes (as a management trainee/ marketing or sales executive)
- Self employment (as an entrepreneur)